Technology Voucher Programme
TVP was launched in November 2016 The programme is implemented on a pilot basis for an initial period of three years from November 2016 with HK$500 million from the Innovation and Technology Fund.
Since 28 February 2018, the eligibility of TVP has been relaxed as follows:
- an applicant enterprise is required to have substantive business operation in Hong Kong at the time of application instead of for a year; and
- TVP is eligible to non-listed enterprises of all sizes instead of just for small and medium enterprises.
|Objective:||To subsidise local small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in using technological services and solutions to improve productivity, or upgrade or transform their business processes.|
|Project Duration:||Each funded project should be completed within 12 months.|
|Eligibility:||Non-listed enterprises fulfilling the following requirements are eligible to apply for funding under the TVP
(a) Registered in Hong Kong under the Business Registration Ordinance (Cap. 310) (“BRO”); and
(b)With substantive business operation in Hong Kong which is related to the project under application at the time of application
|Funding Amount:||Each enterprise may receive a cumulate finding up to $200,000 for a maximum of three projects. The enterprise must contribute no less than one third of the total project cost.|
|Scope of Funding:||(1) Technology Consultancy
(2) Purchase, rental or subscription of customised equipment/hardware, software and technological services or solutions that form an essential part of the project.
(3) Purchase, rental or subscription of off-the-shelf/readily available equipment/hardware, software and technological services or solutions that form an essential part of the project.(the costs of off-the-shelf/readily available equipment, hardware, software, services or solutions should constitute no more than 50% of the project cost)
(4) Project auditing fee (if approved funding > $50,000; maximum fee: $3,000).
Register as user:
An enterprise should register as a user and submit its application through the Technology Voucher Programme Funding Administrative System (https://tvp.itf.gov.hk). In case of difficulties, applicant enterprises may approach the TVP secretariat for assistance in submitting applications through the TVP website.
Submit application with required documents:
- Certified copy of Form 1(a) of BR Office or Form NAR1 of Companies Registry
- Evidence of substantive business operation (e.g. invoices/ receipts or commercial contracts issued within three months before submission of application, latest audited account)
- Copy of identity proof of signatory on application form
- Copy of valid BR Certificate of technology consultant (if applicable)
- All issued quotation/ tender invitation documents
- certified copy of quotations for expenditure items, including audit fee (if applicable)
Guidance Notes to Application
The Guidance Notes to Application provide comprehensive guidelines to applicants including general information, eligibility, funding amount, application and vetting procedures, project monitoring, disbursement of fund, enquiries and other relevant information.
Each eligible application will be assessed based on individual merits and considered on a case-by-case basis. The assessment criteria include –
- relevance of the proposed project to the applicant enterprise’s business – the project should have good prospects of enhancing its competitiveness through improving productivity, business development/expansion, cost reduction or efficiency enhancement, upgrading/improving/ transforming business processes.
- reasonableness of the budget – assessment with reference to market prices of the technologies in question as known to the TVP Committee or ITC will be made. Individual items of expenditure must also be essential and directly related to the implementation of the project.
- reasonableness of the implementation details – consideration may include whether concrete and quantifiable project deliverables and outcomes have been set. The implementation details should also be realistic taking into account factors such as the complexity of the technology and the project duration.
- adverse record of consultants and/or service provider(s) as known to the TVP Committee and ITC if available.
TVP is open for application throughout the year subject to the availability of funding under TVP. The Programme will be implemented on a pilot basis for an initial period of three years from November 2016 with HK$500 million from the Innovation and Technology Fund.
Further information on the TVP including the FAQs, detailed application procedures and guidelines is available at https://tvp.itf.gov.hk/
Please refer to List of Approved TVP Projects for more details on the approved TVP Projects